Thursday, December 1, 2011

My theory on why a pack of condoms has three pieces

In most things, I am an average girl. I never fail but am also rarely excellent. But there are a few things I excel at. One of those things is that I think as fast as I can speak especially when the subject is off colour. Today, I got just the moment to shine.

This being World AIDS day, the AIDS Information Centre came by our office and placed packs on condoms in the loos. Which got one of my workmates wondering, “Why does a pack of condoms contain three pieces. Why not four, one, two , five or ten even?” He asked just the right person on such subjects – me. I didn’t even have to think about it or catch a breath before I answered.

It is genius marketing. We all know that the average guy can do two rounds. So, for purposes of protection please don’t give him only one condom. But you want him to buy the thing. You gotta falter to persuade him. So you throw in a third to make him feel like you think he is more than the average guy in these things. Now, don’t make it five. The customer will feel small – like his two rounds fall far too short of the expectation. God help your product if you cram some 10 pieces into that pack!

Hehe! I am so proud of myself. I think on my feet! Griiiin!

9 comments:

  1. I suppose you are right...

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 rounds? Ani gwe nwaana naye?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your theory has some truth in it; though it doesnt consider scenarios when two pieces have to be used at a go eg when invading highly infested areas.

    JK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JK, just don't invade highly infested grounds. Not even two will protect you. Indeed they might cause you to slip into the muck underneath

      Delete
  4. Methinks this is not genius, but practical experience/research.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it genuis that after all potentially confusing intensity of such "Action Research" I would still articulately remember the results?

      Delete
  5. The second condom performance may also depend on the weather conditions. As the place tends to get dry during the 2nd show, you may opt for the 3 condom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And you didn't think the 3 piece in a pack could be a limitation to the commando!? He might not want to scare.

    ReplyDelete